Life Processes Class 10 Objective Questions
1. An organism performs various processes for the living; we call these processes as:
2. Examples of life processes are:
Digestion, locomotion, reproduction, respiration.
3. Reproduction is not necessary for an organism for living then how is it a life process?
Reproduction maintains the continuity of life so it is also a life process.
4. How the exchange of gases occurs in unicellular organisms?
Unicellular organisms like an amoeba, paramecium exchanges gases through simple diffusion.
5. Organism who make food using the energy of sunlight is:
Green plants, cyanobacteria, and algae.
6. Organisms that prepare food by own are called:
7. Process of conversion of carbon dioxide and water using the energy of sunlight by a plant is:
8. The pigment that traps the energy of sunlight is…
9. Which colour does the chlorophyll does not absorb…
10. Which part of the plant contains chlorophyll?
Green parts of leaves
11. The plant stores the formed glucose in the form of…
12. Starch turns the iodine solution into…
13. A chlorophyll storing organelle is called
14. Chemically, photosynthesis is a…
15. Which part gets oxidised and which part is reduced during the photosynthesis?
Water transfers its electron to carbon dioxide, so water is oxidised while carbon dioxide is reduced.
16. Energy currency of a cell is…
17. Breakdown of glucose into carbon dioxide and water is
18. Cellular respiration occurs in..
Mitochondria of every cell.
18. Mitochondria are also called as…
The powerhouse of the cell