Chandni Solution Class 7 English An Alien Hand Chapter 7
Chandni question answer solution
Comprehension Check 1 page 44
1. Why did Abbu Khan’s goats want to run away? What happened to them in the hills?
The goats were mountain goats. They hated being tied with ropes and poles. They wanted to roam freely on the mountains and live with freedom. So Abbu Khan’s goat ran into the hills.
There was a fiery wolf in the hills. Once he saw the goat he killed and ate them.
2. Abbu Khan said, “No more goats in my house ever again.” Then he changed his mind. Why?
Without goats, Abbu Khan became very lonely. He could not live without them. So, He changed the mind and brought Chandni.
3. Why did he buy a young goat?
Abbu Khan thought that a young goat will stay with him for a longer time and will love him. As a result, he bought Chandni.
Comprehension Check 2 page 49
1. Why did Chandni hate the rope round her neck?
Answer: Chandani liked the hills bathed in sunlight and the refreshing breeze blowing on them. She wanted to run across the green fields. The rope was not letting her free so she hated the rope.
2. “Now Abbu Khan understood Chandni’s problem…” What was Chandni’s problem?
Chandani was not happy roaming in a small fence under the rope. She wanted to go to the hills and live independently. So, she told Abbu about this.
3. Abbu Khan pushed Chandni into a small hut. This shows that he
(i) was cruel.
(ii) loved her and wanted to save her life.
(iii) was selfish.
Comprehension Check 3 page 51
1. Why did Chandni refuse to join the group of wild goats?
While roaming on the hills, Chandni met with the herd of the goats. The herd asked her to join the group. But Chandni refused to do so as freedom was a new thing to her and she wanted to enjoy it to fullest.
2. Chandni fought the wolf because she
(i) was stronger than the wolf.
(ii) hated the wolf.
(iii) had to retain her freedom at all costs.
Exercise question-answer page 51
Discuss the following topics in groups.
1. Why did the wise old bird say, “Chandni is the winner”?
Chandni was a brave goat. Though smaller in size she fought with the ferocious wolf until the dawn. So, we can say Chandni was the winner, not the wolf.
2. “Death in an open field is better than life in a small hut,” Chandni said to herself. Was it the right decision? Give reasons for your answer.
See also: Chandni Summary.
Chandni solution / Chandni question to answer from Book An Alien hand.